General Dietary Guidelines
- Be Proactive – Support your digestive system by limiting the amount of icy beverages, deep-fried or fatty foods, processed and refined foods, alcohol, coffee, refined sugar and dairy products made from cow’s milk.
- Drink Water – Our bodies are made up of 75% water. Dehydration has been linked to many everyday illnesses and diseases.
- Chew Well – Your stomach doesn’t have teeth! Properly chewing your food with each bite will increase enzyme release and lead to better digestion and absorption.
- Mindfulness – Paying attention to the effects that individual foods have on you gives you the choice to feel well or not. Whatever you decide to eat, be joyful and grateful with each bite.
- Regularity – Your body functions best when fed steadily at regular intervals. Set a schedule and stick to it. A guideline might be to eat breakfast before 9:00 a.m., lunch before 1:00 p.m. and dinner before 7:00 p.m. Because the mind and body are connected, eating right before bedtime will often result in working all night long!
- Eat to Live – You have the power to choose what to put into your mouth. Take the time to learn about your food choices. Ask yourself “will this meal contribute to my health and well-being?’ Don’t “live to eat” but “eat to live.”