Searching for a natural way to stay healthy, feel great and lose weight? Look no further and choose infrared sauna treatments. Sunlighten, full-spectrum, infrared saunas are an easy and painless way to sweat out toxins, improve circulation, burn calories and simply relax. Already making an effort to feel your best? Adding infrared sauna treatments to your current acupuncture or nutrition program can help.
Are all saunas created equally?
Hardly. In a traditional sauna, the heat is generated by a small stove, which can be powered by gas, electricity or wood. This stove heats up the rocks spread on top of it. In some saunas the rocks are being heated continuously and in others they are heated initially and then left to transmit the heat to the air.
An infrared sauna uses an infrared heating source that works to replicate the rays of the sun but without all the damaging UV radiation. Infrared saunas don’t get as hot as regular saunas, but the heat they produce penetrates up to 3 times deeper, drawing out toxins from the depth of your body.
A full-spectrum, sunlighten, infrared sauna uses all 3 types of waves: near, mid and far infrared waves. This means the heat can penetrate from the surface of your skin all the way to deep tissue, allowing your body to release toxins that are stored in your body, reduce inflammation, and burn calories. By heating your body, and not just the air around you, infrared sauna treatments provide lasting results.
5 Benefits of Infrared Sauna Treatments
- Pain Relief. Looking to release muscle tension from working at a computer all day? Feeling stiff after a vigorous exercise routine? An infrared sauna treatment allows your muscles to relax by increasing circulation and blood flow to the affected areas. This can aid in relaxation or jump-start healing from old or new injuries.
- Relaxation. Infrared saunas help your body regulate cortisol, also known as “the stress hormone.” Cortisol is an adrenal hormone, which is directly related to your body’s maintenance of homeostasis. By balancing your cortisol levels, your body becomes in-tune with life’s natural rhythms (ie: night and day) and keeps you from being in a constant state of “fight or flight.”
- Detoxification. Allowing you to “eliminate about seven times more toxins” as traditional saunas, the heat from infrared saunas truly allows your body to detoxify. Whether you are looking for assistance with your current detox program or are recovering from an illness, an infrared sauna treatment will help.
- Improved Circulation. “As the heat from infrared saunas increases your core body temperature, your circulation will increase along with it.” When you consistently use an infrared sauna you can experience less pain and inflammation after exercise.
- Weight Loss. An infrared sauna treatment increases your body’s temperature and heart rate. This increased heart rate is similar to what your body experiences during exercise. Due to this increased heart rate, your body burns calories. In fact, “the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that a 30-minute infrared sauna session could burn roughly 600 calories.”
If you are simply looking for a relaxing experience, or are searching for relief from an injury, get in touch with Strength & Vitality Wellness Center today by calling us at (410) 296-4028! We are committed to your health and can fine-tune the infrared wavelength and heat intensity to help you meet your health goals.