Why is it that year after year many of us continue to set goals and fail? There are many reasons for this, but one common reason that I have found in working with clients is that they allow circumstances and people in their lives to distract them and hinder them from reaching their goals. Their commitment to everyone and everything outside of them takes precedence. Over time it can create resentment whether it is expressed or not. Sometimes what results is an illness that forces you to take care of yourself. You can only give to others what you have.
If you are saying to yourself, “that sounds like me,” you are not alone. Life has a way of sending curve balls our way and getting us off track. How do you stay on track? The answer to that question is different for everyone, but there are some guidelines that can assist you when working to achieve your goals.
Keep these tips in mind:
- When you take time to give to yourself and to take care of yourself, you will definitely have more to give others. Write down what that means for you in your life. Commitment to yourself is a gift to others.
- Stop doing what does not work. Remember if you have tried something 9 times and it has not worked for you, it won’t work the 10th time.
- Write down clearly what you want to happen. Read it and think about it every day. Visualize how it feels to have reached your goals.
- Have someone you trust make you accountable for what you say you will do to reach your goals.
- Whenever possible avoid circumstances and people who drain your energy.
- Be grateful for all the good in your life – the little things as well as the big.
- Give yourself some quiet time just for you each day so that you leave space to be open to new ideas and inspiration. Creative ideas come at quiet times, not during the hectic activities in life.
This is such a special time of year. We hibernate, our lives are generally quieter and it is a great time to make new things happen. We at Women in Wellness want to help you do that. It is our passion to empower women to be their greatest.
SO PUT YOURSELF IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT OF LIFE AND JOIN US…
On Saturday, January 29th, Claudette and I will be offering a three-hour workshop from 10 am to 1:00 pm for only $45 per person. Come and learn how to live a more balanced and energized life – start the New Year with a New, New-tritional you.
Learn how to:
- nourish your mind with nourishing thoughts
- nourish your body with nutritious food
- and nourish your spirit by contemplating what inspires you and making a plan to reach your goals.
Every day the sun rises and we have another new day with limitless possibilities.
Join us and be inspired!
For more information or to register call 410-296-4028.
Make this the year that you stop doing what doesn’t work for you and discover what does!